Our Working holiday program in Canada is a great opportunity for young people to gain international work experience whilst holidaying in Canada. Take part in paid seasonal work in a range of jobs from hospitality to tourism and the retail sector.

Work in Canada and earn money before going on to enjoy your earnings – take advantage of Canada’s fantastic scenery and the many opportunities that the second largest country in the world has to offer. This is a great option for students who are able to commit to working for several months during their holidays, and who are looking for ways to fund their travels in and around Canada.


– You will be assigned a job based on your dates, skills, training and personality

– Some jobs may require specific qualifications and experience.

– You must be capable and feel comfortable in an English-speaking environment.

– Due to visa restrictions, the upper age limit for this project is 30 years old.

– You need to be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa. For more details, please check with the Canadian Embassy – Youth Mobility Programmes section. 

To obtain the visa:

– You must be aged between 19 to 30 years old. (This is a visa requirement).

– For citizens of the UK and Ireland, you must be a full-time university student and be currently enrolled full-time at an institution in your native country or have graduated less than a year ago. (This is a visa requirement).

– Have documented proof of sufficient funds in order to financially support yourself upon arrival in Canada.

– Have a valid passport.

Note: There are visa restrictions from certain nationalities to apply for this program.  There are various countries in agreements in the Working Holiday Programs that allows their youth to do internships and cultural exchange without via restrictions. Please check your local UKCES office if you are eligible to apply for this program.

If you would like to apply for our internships and cultural exchange programs, please email your CV/resume at Some of the programs are  offered on a very limited basis. Alternatively, visit your local UKCES office or representatives for further details. You can also refer to our Contact Us page or explore our website for complete information.